Pineapple mint (Mentha suaveolens 'Variegata')
This is a traditional salad in Turkey; it goes well with chicken, lamb or salmon. Variations of this salad can be found in many Middle Eastern cultures.
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 2 tablespoons fresh spearmint leaves, minced
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 small clove fresh garlic, minced
• Dash freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
• 3 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
1. Mix all ingredients except cucumber and refrigerate.
2. Stir in cucumber just before serving and serve with additional mint.
Contributing editor Jim Long lives and gardens in the Ozark Mountains.
Click here for the original article, Many Mints: Recipes and Growing Tips for Mint .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE