Honey-flavored ice cubes are ready to be pulsed in the blender and perfumed with lavender and rosemary for Mediterranean-style granitas.
This bold, honey-based granita perfumed with Provençal herbs is the perfect finish to a Mediterranean dinner. Makes 3 cups.
• 3 cups water
• 9 tablespoons honey
• 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lavender flowers or leaves
• 2 4-inch sprigs fresh rosemary
• Rosemary or lavender sprigs for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients except the garnishes and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat, cover, and steep 20 minutes.
2. Freeze the mixture in ice cube trays until solid. Pulse 6 frozen granita cubes in a blender or food processor until mixture forms coarse crystals. Continue adding granita cubes until all the mixture has been processed. Serve immediately, garnished with a sprig of rosemary or lavender.
—Layla Chesebro, pastry chef, The Cosmopolitan, Telluride, Colorado
Click here for the main article, Make Herb-Infused Granitas .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE