Low-fat and Herb-loaded Sausage: Italian Sausage with Fennel and Garlic
Makes about 21/2 pounds
The seasonings give this sausage its classic Italian flavor.
• 2 pounds lean pork, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 6 to 8 ounces pork fat, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 4 cloves garlic, mashed
• 2 tablespoons fennel seed, bruised
• 11/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
1) Combine the ingredients and coarsely chop in a food processor, or grind twice in a meat grinder, coarsely first, then with the finer blade. Mix lightly.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE