Lemon Raspberry Bars with Lemon Mint are easy and deliciously lemony.
Photograph by Joe Coca
Makes 12 bars
For this delectable recipe, use a lemon-scented mint such as ‘Lemon Bergamot’ or ‘Hillary’s Sweet Lemon’, not the bee balm called lemon mint, Monarda citriodora.
- ½ pound (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup minced fresh lemon mint leaves
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh lemon mint leaves
- 1 thirteen-ounce jar top-quality raspberry jam
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Cream the crust ingredients together and press into a 9-by-13-inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- While the crust is baking, combine the filling ingredients and mix well. Pour over the baked crust and place 12 spoonfuls of jam over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cool and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into 12 squares.
Terri Pischoff Wuerthner is a food and travel writer based in Sonoma County, California, who specializes in the culinary life and products of the wine country.