Freshen up with this traditional salad
Mother sometimes adds some chopped Romaine lettuce and celery, vegetables not commonly seen in Lebanon.
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 large salad tomatoes, chopped
• 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
• 8 sprigs mint, finely chopped
• 6 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
• 3 sprigs purslane, stemmed
• 1 green onion, finely chopped
1. Dash freshly ground black pepper
2, Mash the garlic into a paste with the salt. Stir in the lemon juice and oil.
3, Toss the vegetables with the dressing and add a little pepper. Adjust seasoning. Serve with black olives, feta cheese, and Arabic bread.
Click here for the original article, Food for the Soul: 6 Lebanese Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE