A twist on breakfast
Serves 2 as an entrée, 4 as a side dish
This light, delicious frittatalike dish can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner, tucked into a round of pocket bread with feta cheese, olives, and sliced cucumbers, or served with fig jam.
• 1 small white onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Dash cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 4 green onions, finely chopped
• 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh spearmint
• 1/2 cup finely chopped celery tops
• 1/4 cup grated zucchini
• 4 eggs
• 2 tablespoons clarified butter
• 2 tablespoons oil
1. Mix together the white onions, salt, black pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, flour, and baking powder. Stir in the green onions, parsley, mint, celery, and zucchini. Mix in the eggs with a fork.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and spread it out evenly. Cook it for 5 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown and the top is no longer runny. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
Click here for the original article, Food for the Soul: 6 Lebanese Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE