Get ready to make copies of this favorite summer recipe, Lavender Lemonade, for anyone who tries it.
Enjoy this cool and refreshing Lavender Lemonade on a hot summer day.
Photo by Janet Loughrey
You can prepare plain lemonade and then add a lavender syrup or make it from scratch as this Lavender Lemonade recipe specifies. Either way, get ready to make copies of this Lavender Lemonade recipe for whoever tries it. LAVENDER LEMONADE SERVES 6
• 4 cups filtered water
• 1 cup sugar or honey
• 2 tablespoons dried lavender buds or 4 tablespoons fresh lavender
• 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
• Lavender sprigs for garnish
1. Combine water, sugar or honey and lavender in a saucepan and heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and allow to steep until cool, about 20 minutes.
2. Pour mixture through a fine-screened colander or cheesecloth into a pitcher. Add lemon juice and stir. Serve in glasses filled with ice and garnished with a lavender sprig or lemon wheel.
This article is excerpted from The Lavender Lover’s Handbook (Timber Press, 2012) by Sarah Berringer Bader. Sarah owns the Lavender At Stonegate Farm in West Linn, Oregon.
Click here for the main article, Lavender Plant Love & Obsession.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE