Enliven your favorite breakfast pastries with this lavender jam.
This Lavender Jam recipe uses berries, plums and peaches to create a delicious lavender-infused spread for breakfast pastries.
Lavender jam or jelly has become a staple in our household. We have used berries, plums and peaches to create a delicious lavender-infused spread for our favorite breakfast pastries. MAKES FIVE 8-OUNCE JARS OF LAVENDER JAM
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 package (1.59 ounces) freezer jam fruit pectin
• 4 cups crushed strawberries, marionberries, raspberries or whatever fruit is in season
• 2 teaspoons crushed culinary lavender
• 1/2 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
• 5 (8-ounce) freezer jars
1. Stir sugar and the pectin together in a bowl until well blended.
2. Add fruit, lavender and lemon zest. Stir 3 minutes.
3. Ladle jam into clean jars to the fill line. Twist on the lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate Lavender Jam up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
This article is excerpted from The Lavender Lover’s Handbook (Timber Press, 2012) by Sarah Berringer Bader. Sarah owns the Lavender At Stonegate Farm in West Linn, Oregon.
Click here for the main article, Lavender Plant Love & Obsession.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE