This light, tasty dessert is the perfect ending to a hearty meal.
This light, tasty dessert is the perfect ending to a hearty meal. Serves 4.
• 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced into 8 rings
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
• 2 teaspoons crushed cardamom seeds
• Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Place the pineapple slices on an oven tray and heat them until warm.
3. In a medium saucepan, stir the sugar, orange juice, and cardamon seeds over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium-high and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until syrupy. Let cool until warm.
Pineapple with Cardamom Syrup from Leopold, Australia
Click here for the original article, Kitchen Table: March 1999 .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE