This fruit and herb chicken dish is simple to make and has a sweet pineapple tang.
This recipe was submitted by Karen Langan of Huron, Ohio.
• 4 chicken breasts, halved
• 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
• 1/4 cup dates or prunes
• 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
• 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
• 1 cup white wine
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in an oiled 9-by-12-inch roasting pan.
3. Spread the mustard on the chicken and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
4. Combine the pineapple, apricots, dates or prunes, thyme, and raspberry jam, and distribute the mixture evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle 1/2 cup wine over the chicken and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Add the remaining wine and bake 20 minutes longer or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink inside.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE