Make your own herbal applesauce with this simple recipe.
SERVES 6 to 8
This recipe was submitted by Neal O’Briant of Raleigh, North Carolina.
• 2 cups dried apples (about 4 ounces)
• 4 cups apple cider
• 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
1. Simmer all ingredients in a nonreactive saucepan for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Let the mixture stand off heat for 15 minutes longer, then remove the rosemary stems.
3. Puree the mixture in a food processor.
4. Return it to the saucepan and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes longer or until it reaches the desired consistency. Thin if necessary with additional cider. Serve warm.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE