Makes about 1 pint
This mustard has just a bit of extra zip.
• 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
• 1/4 cup whole yellow mustard seeds
• 1/4 cup whole black mustard seeds
• 1/4 cup dry powdered mustard
• 3/4 cup cold water
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
• 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
• 2 to 3 small jalapeño peppers, seeded
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
Toast coriander seeds in a dry skillet or place them in a flat dish and microwave on High for 4 to 5 minutes. Crush the mustard and coriander seeds slightly in a mortar or blender, then mix them and the powdered mustard into the water and let stand for at least three hours.
Mix the remaining ingredients and pulverize in a blender until smooth. Stir the puree into the mustard. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer 5 minutes or until as thick as you like, stirring occasionally. The mustard will thicken slightly on cooling. Refrigerate, covered.
For more recipes from The Amazing Mustard Seed, click here.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE