Serves 4 to 6
Pitas provide a good base for pizza toppings; just heat until they bubble. Try marinara sauce and mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and basil, or mushrooms and Brie as well as the feta mushroom topping given below.
• 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 4 pitas
• 1/3 cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese
• 2/3 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or
• 1 teaspoon dried
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Crush the rosemary in the oil. Place the pitas on a baking sheet, brush them liberally with the rosemary oil, and then top with the cheese, mushrooms, and oregano. Bake about 8 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Click here for the main article, Homemade Pita Recipes .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE