Chef Tucker serves turkey roll with Oven-Roasted Herbed Tomatoes and Sage Gravy.
Photo by Suzanne Hall
Fresh tomatoes and herbs grow together in the Center of Hope garden. This delicious hot side dish is a favorite. Serves 4.
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 10 leaves basil, chopped
• 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
• 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 4 tomatoes, cored and quartered
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
2. Combine herbs and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Add tomatoes and toss lightly to coat. Bake tomatoes, uncovered, 40 minutes.
An enthusiastic cook, freelance writer Suzanne Hall keeps her pantry stocked with fresh and dried herbs.
Click here for the main article, Here & There: Herb Garden Helps Feed the Poor .
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE