Fresh tomatoes and herbs grow together in the Center of Hope garden. This delicious hot side dish is a favorite. Serves 4.
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 10 leaves basil, chopped
• 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
• 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 4 tomatoes, cored and quartered
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
2. Combine herbs and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Add tomatoes and toss lightly to coat. Bake tomatoes, uncovered, 40 minutes.
An enthusiastic cook, freelance writer Suzanne Hall keeps her pantry stocked with fresh and dried herbs.
Click here for the main article, Here & There: Herb Garden Helps Feed the Poor .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE