Prepare this easy chicken salad ahead of time for a delicious summertime supper.
• 2 cups boiling chicken broth
• 1 package lemon gelatin
• 1 cup diced, cooked chicken
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon grated onion
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1 tablespoon chopped lemon balm leaves
• 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
• 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
• 1/4 cup stuffed green olives, sliced
1. In a medium bowl, pour the chicken broth over the lemon gelatin. Stir until dissolved, then chill in the refrigerator 20 to 25 minutes, or until the gelatin is syrupy.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until mixed. Season to taste. If desired, save one hard-boiled egg and a few sliced olives for garnish.
—Clare Hafferman, Kalispell, Montana
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE