Make this delicious recipe for brussels sprouts, carrots and potatoes.
Serves 8 to 10
These hearty vegetables hold their own against the richness of the goose; they can go in the oven after you flip the bird for the second time.
• 16–20 brussels sprouts
• 5 carrots
• 4 roots celeriac
• 3 yellow onions
• 14–16 small new potatoes
• 1 1/2 cups hot chicken stock or water
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Trim the bottoms of the brussels sprouts.
2. Pare the carrots and celeriac, and cut them and the onions into pieces the size of the brussels sprouts.
3. Place the vegetables in a large, shallow, ovenproof dish and pour the hot stock over them. Sprinkle on the herbs, salt, and pepper.
4. Cover the pan and bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes, or until the celeriac and brussels sprouts can be easily pierced with a knife.
David Daggett is executive chef at Fox Acres, a secluded golf and country club at Red Feather Lakes, high in the Colorado Rockies. He received his training at the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco.
Click here for the original article, Herbal Recipes for a Holiday Feast.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE