This is not your everyday pizza, but it’s certainly a pizza worth having every day as it’s super easy to make and super delicious to eat. MAKES ONE 10-INCH PIZZA
• 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
• 2 ounces softened cream cheese
• 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• One (10-inch) prepared pizza dough or crust
• 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1 to 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
• 1/4 cup chopped cashews
• 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh lemon verbena
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Blend together ricotta, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla extract. Spread cheese mixture evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
2. In microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan, combine blueberries, cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; toss to mix well. To make sauce in microwave, heat on high for 2 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave’s wattage) until sauce thickens. To heat on stove, bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Let cool slightly and spread thickened blueberry sauce evenly on pizza.
3. Arrange sliced peaches on pizza in a spiral design. Top with cashews; sprinkle lemon verbena on top. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
Kris Wetherbee is a contributing editor who wrangles her herb garden in western Oregon.
Click here for the main article, Prepare Herbal Pizza Combinations.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE