Throw the ultimate holiday party this season—it’s easier than you think.
This recipe makes a huge batch of linguine, which, happily, gains flavor in subsequent days in the fridge.
• 3 cloves chopped garlic
• ½ cup pine nuts
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2½ cups pureed fresh basil
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 2⁄3 cup olive oil
• ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 pound linguine
1. To a mortar, add garlic, pine nuts and salt, and use a pestle to chip really fine. Add basil and continue to chip.
2. In a food processor, combine mixture with heavy cream, olive oil and cheese. Process until sauce is finely blended. Place sauce in sauté pan and heat.
3. Add linguine to a pot of rapidly boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and add to pesto sauce and toss until pasta is well-coated. Serve hot.
For the main article, An Herbal Feast for the Holiday Season, click here.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE