Excellent served with steamed vegetables or grilled fish or chicken.
• 1 pound unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh summer savory
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh Greek oregano
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• 1 large onion, finely chopped and sautéed in olive oil until just browned
• Roasted Garlic (see below) as needed
Soften the butter and mix in remaining ingredients. Store in refrigerator.
• 2 heads garlic
• Olive oil
Cut heads of garlic in half horizontally. Brush cut sides with olive oil and place on a tray, flat side down. Roast at 300°F for 40 minutes or until very soft. When cool, squeeze out the garlic flesh and add as much as desired to the herb butter mixture.
--Laurie Krieger, Wildwood, Alberta, Canada
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE