The naturally tart taste of this tea may be amended by adding honey or other sweetener (rose geranium sugar is especially nice).
• 1 cup rose hips
• 1/2 cup diced dried pitted cherries
• 1/4 cup crumbled dried orange peel
• 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
• 1/4 cup dried unsprayed rose petals
• 1/4 cup dried violas (Johnny-jump-ups, pansies, or violets)
Mix all the ingredients. Store in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Use about a tablespoon per cup and steep for 15 minutes to release the flavor of rose hips and cherries.
--Cathy Anderson, Nicholasville, Kentucky
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE