• Generous 1 cup carrot juice
• 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 ounce fresh parsley
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• 6 ice cubes
• 1⁄2 cup water
• Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Place carrot juice, tomatoes and lemon juice into a blender and process gently until combined.
2. Add parsley, ginger and ice cubes. Process until well combined, then pour in the water and process until smooth.
3. To serve, pour the mixture into glasses and garnish with the chopped fresh parsley.
Gina Mohammed, Ph.D., is a plant physiologist who researches medicinal and other specialty uses of plants. She lives in Ontario, Canada. Visit her at www.pmtech.ca .
Click here for the main article, The Healing Power of Culinary Herbs .
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE