These boiled red potatoes are tossed with fresh sauteed herbs for a simple side dish.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
• 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
• 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano
• 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. 2. Add the potatoes, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. 3. Drain and place potatoes in a serving bowl. 4. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat the olive oil and butter until the butter melts. 5. Stir in the lemon juice, rosemary, oregano, thyme, and garlic. Cook 2 minutes or until garlic is soft, stirring constantly. 6. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Read the original article, Grow Your Own Herbs: Planting Herbs Indoors.
Kris Wetherbee is a freelance writer who contributes to more than three dozen national magazines. She lives in the hills of western Oregon with her photographer husband.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE