This tangy goat-cheese spread recipe wtih brighten any party.
Makes 24 hors d’oeuvres
For variety, you may substitute chives, parsley, or tarragon for the lemon thyme. The cheese spread may be made up to five days ahead.
• 3 ounces mild goat cheese
• 2 ounces cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons sour cream
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 1/2 tablespoons very finely chopped lemon thyme
• 24 endive spears, washed and dried
• Thyme flowers or thin strips of lemon zest for garnish
1. In a food processor, puree the cheeses, sour cream, and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the thyme and process only until blended.
2. At the base of each endive leaf, mound 1 heaping teaspoon of the cheese mixture and garnish with a thyme flower or strip of lemon zest.
Sally King is a Virginia-based freelance writer whose USDA Zone 8 herb garden produces through Thanksgiving.
Click here for the original article, 8 Great Hor D'oeurve recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE