Makes about 1 cup
If you don’t have garlic growing in your garden now, scallions and garlic cloves will stand in for the greens. Pecorino is an Italian sheep’s-milk cheese. For best results when freezing, omit the cheese and add it later when the pesto is ready to be used.
· 2 cups garlic greens, chopped (about 24 stalks)
· 2 tablespoons fresh herb leaves (try marjoram or summer savory)
· 1/3 cup pecans
· 3/4 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
· 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· Salt, to taste
· Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Combine the first four ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil to create a fine paste.
2. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Click here for the original article, Fresh from the Pesto Garden .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE