Makes about 1 cup
This is the classic, fresh sauce that originated in Genoa, Italy. For best results when freezing this pesto, omit the cheese and add it later when the pesto is ready to be used.
· 2 cups fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
· 1/3 cup pine nuts
· 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
· 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
· 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· Salt, to taste
· Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Combine the first four ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil to create a fine paste.
2. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Click here for the original article, Fresh for the Pesto Garden .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE