Makes about 1 cup
Here’s a piquant variation that uses sour cream. For best results, do not freeze this pesto, as freezing will cause the sour cream to separate.
· 1 cup fresh arugula leaves, lightly packed
· 1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, lightly packed
· 1/2 cup almonds
· 2 shallots, peeled
· 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
· 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 1/4 cup sour cream
· Salt, to taste
· Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Combine the first five ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil to create a fine paste.
2. Blend in the sour cream, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Click here for the original article, Fresh for the Pesto Garden.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE