This zesty Bloody Mary honors dill, the 2010 Herb of the Year. Infusing fresh dill sprigs in the vodka can be done in 1 to 2 hours or left overnight. Strain out the dill once you are happy with the taste. Serves 1.
• 1 cup V8 juice or tomato juice
• 1 1⁄2 ounces cucumber vodka, infused with fresh dill
• 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
• 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
• Few dashes Old Bay seasoning
• 1 lemon wedge (about 1⁄8 of a lemon)
• Celery stalk, dill sprig and lemon wedge, for garnish
1. Add V8, vodka, horseradish and Tabasco to a small pitcher and stir well. Add Old Bay and squeeze in lemon wedge; stir well. Taste for seasoning and adjust.
2. Take the garnish lemon wedge and run it lightly around the rim of a glass. Dip the rim into Old Bay to coat it lightly. Fill the glass halfway with ice cubes. Pour the stirred beverage into the glass. Garnish with celery stalk, dill sprig and lemon wedge.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE