These baked chickpea nuts make a healthy snack and are a great way to curb food cravings.
These seasoned nuts are quite addictive, so be careful to not eat too many! You may substitute olive oil for the sesame oil, in this baked chickpea nuts recipe if desired. SERVES 4
• 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed well, and drained
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix the chickpeas with the oil and spices. Place on a nonstick baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking oil.
3. Bake for about 30 minutes or until chickpeas are golden and crunchy.
Ann Louise Gittleman, Ph.D., C.N.S., is one of the foremost nutritionists in the United States. She is the author of The Fat Flush Plan (McGraw Hill, 2001), Eat Fat, Lose Weight (Keats, 1999), and Why Am I Always So Tired? (Harper San Francisco, 1999).
Click here for the main article, Spices and Herbs for Weight Loss.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE