Splashy, classy or saucy, salad dressings amplify the flavor of your favorite fruits and vegetables.
Tender salad greens, cucumbers, diced spring onions and a few toasted peanuts or cashews make a very tasty salad. Ginger Dressing also is a great dipping sauce for vegetables or try it on fruit salad that includes tart apples, grapes, mangoes and pineapple. MAKES ABOUT 1 1/4 CUPS
• 4 or 5 spring onions, diced
• 1/2 cup peanut oil
• 1/3 cup rice vinegar
• 3 tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and diced
• 2 tablespoons celery, diced (about 1/2 stalk)
• 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 garlic clove
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine ingredients in a blender and process until mixed.
2. Chill until ready to serve.
Jim Long is the author of The Best Dressed Salad (Long Creek Herbs, 2006). Contact Jim via our website, www.herbcompanion.com/contributors.
Click here for the original article, Dress for Success: Salad Dressing Recipes.