Splashy, classy or saucy, salad dressings amplify the flavor of your favorite fruits and vegetables.
Makes about 4 cups
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup red wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• Juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 clove garlic
• Dash salt and pepper
• 1 cup olive oil
• 2 cups light vegetable oil
1. In blender, mix together all ingredients except oils.
2. With blender running on low speed, slowly add olive and vegetable oils, mixing well.
Jim Long is the author of The Best Dressed Salad (Long Creek Herbs, 2006). Contact Jim via our website, www.herbcompanion.com/contributors.
Click here for the original article, Dress for Success: Salad Dressing Recipes.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE