Fortify yourself against colds and flu with this soup recipe.
Fortify yourself against colds and flu with a palette of healing plants.
Makes 4 servings
After each ingredient, I’ve listed at least one anti-inflammatory compound. For a complete list of these compounds for each ingredient, visit my Multiple Activities Menu.
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 8 celery stalks, diced (apigenin and others)
• 1 medium onion, diced (quercetin and others)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced (at least 9 different compounds)
• 2-inch piece gingerroot, peeled and finely diced (gingerol and others)
• 1 to 2 teaspoons turmeric powder (curcumin and others)
• 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard (curcumin and others)
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano OR 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano (at least 8 different compounds)
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary OR 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary (rosmarinic acid and others)
• 4 to 6 cups water or vegetable stock
• Hot pepper sauce or powder, to taste (capsaicin and others)
• Black pepper, to taste (eugenol and others)
1) Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Sauté celery, onion and garlic until vegetables soften and onion becomes translucent. Add spices, mustard and herbs and sauté another minute. Add water or stock; bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add peppers before serving.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE