Serves 12 to 15
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• 1/2 cup flour
• 5 eggs
• 2 egg whites
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 2 tablespoons chopped chives
• 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
Melt the butter and pour it into a large bowl. Add the flour and yogurt. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites and milk. Add the cheeses, baking powder, salt and sugar to the egg mixture. Stir and add this to the butter and flour mixture. Mix in chives and pepper.
Pour into a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. The quiche is done when it is firm and the top is lightly browned.
For more recipes from Shower Her With Herbs, click here.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE