This homemade Creamy Herb Dressing recipe is packed full of herb-rich flavors.
This homemade Creamy Herb Dressing recipe is packed full of herb-rich flavors. MAKES 2 CUPS
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup buttermilk
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
• 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
• 3 tablespoons mixed-herb white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 green onion, thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. For a more emulsified dressing, blend all ingredients except oil, then slowly drizzle in the oil with the blender running. Cover and chill for several hours before using to allow flavors to blend.
2. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator.
This article is excerpted from Herbal Vinegar © (Storey, 1994) by Maggie Oster, and used with permission from Storey Publishing.
Click here for the main article, Herb-Flavored Vinegars.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE