This simple vegetarian dish is fresh with herbs and sweet with fruit, perfect for a summer snack or light meal.
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 2 oranges, peeled
• 1/4 cup toasted, slivered almonds (with skin if possible)
• 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, cold or room temperature
•Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Whisk together the lemon juice, oil, tarragon and parsley in a serving bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients. 2. Section the oranges and cut each section into thirds. Stir the oranges and any juices into the bowl. 3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Read the main article, Cooking with Quinoa: 5 Easy Recipes to learn about quinoa and find more recipes.
Debbie Whittaker, also known as the Herb Gourmet, is a culinary herbalist in Denver, Colorado.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE