Banish the boredom of tuna sandwiches with this quick microwave version that’s delicious on rye bread.
• 1 six-ounce can tuna in spring water
• 1/2 cup plain, lowfat or nonfat yogurt
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
• 1/8 teaspoon crushed dried lavender flowers, stalks removed
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Drain the tuna in a strainer, rinsing with cold water. Place it in a small microwave-safe bowl and break it up with a fork.
2. Stir together the remaining ingredients and spread them over the tuna. Microwave at half power for 2 minutes. Stir again and microwave on high for 1 minute. Serve hot or cold.
Adapted with permission from Sage Cottage Herb Garden Cookbook by Dorry Baird Norris. Old Saybrook, Connecticut: Globe Pequot, 1995.
Click here for the main article, Cooking with Lavender .
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE