This refreshing soup from Nesta Ramazani is also quick and easy to prepare.
This refreshing soup from Nesta Ramazani, author of Persian Cooking (Ibex, 1997), is also quick and easy to prepare.
• 2 cups packed mint leaves
• 1 pound seedless cucumbers, peeled and chopped
• 1/2 small white onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup walnuts
• 3 cups plain yogurt
• About 2 cups water
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1/4 cup currants or raisins, optional
1. Pulse the mint, cucumber, onion, and walnuts in a food processor until they are finely chopped or chop them with a mezzaluna or chef’s knife. Transfer these ingredients to a large bowl. Stir in the yogurt; stir in enough water to make a medium-thin soup. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Chill the soup for at least an hour before serving. Adjust the seasoning. Garnish the soup with currants or raisins.
Longtime Herb Companion contributor Carolyn Dille gardens, cooks, and is the author of several cookbooks. She writes in San Jose, California.
Click here for the original article, Cooking Persian Food: 6 Herbal Recipes .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE