For a warming meal on a chilly day, whip up a bowl of this Tomato, White Bean and Chicken Sausage Soup recipe.
Served with sourdough bread and a green salad, this Tomato, White Bean and Chicken Sausage Soup recipe makes a warming meal on a chilly day. Chicken (or turkey) sausage contains less fat than pork sausage; my favorite version, offered in gourmet food catalogs, is flavored with sun-dried tomato and basil.
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 chicken sausages, sliced
• 5 cloves pressed garlic
• 2 cups stewed tomatoes with juice
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained
• 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
• 1 sprig fresh oregano
• Splash of red wine
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the sausage and brown with the garlic on medium-high heat.
3. Reduce the heat, add the remaining ingredients, and simmer for 45 minutes. Serves 4.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE