This savory quiche recipe makes use of spring and summer herbs like dandelion, sorrel and yarrow.
Influenced by the Kaiserstuhl region, the little savory quiche owes its exquisite, delicate flavor to a combination of spring and summer herbs such as dandelion, sorrel and yarrow.
• 1 heaping tablespoon of young, tender leaves of sorrel, dandelion and yarrow, finely chopped
• 1/2 onion, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 6 eggs
• 3 cups heavy cream
• Pinch nutmeg
• Unbaked pie crust
1.Combine the herbs and onion and sauté with olive oil, salt and pepper until onions become translucent.
2. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, cream, and nutmeg until just frothy.
3. Place unbaked pie crust in a greased quiche pan. Spread the herb mixture on the bottom and pour in the egg mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serves 6 to 8.
Read the original article: German Cuisine Recipes with Herbs.
Sibylle Hechtel writes from Estes Park, Colorado. Her latest articles appear in Red Herring and New Scientist.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE