Relax with this homemade fruity liqueur
Makes 2 quarts
Excerpted from The Rocky Mountain Wild Foods Cookbook by Darcy Williamson (Caxton Press, 1995), this liqueur dressed in a fun bottle makes a perfect gift.
• 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon freshly grated allspice
• 7 pounds chokecherries made into juice
• 4 cups sugar (or to taste)
• 3 cups water
• 2 1/2 cups rum
• 2 cups brandy
1. Add the spices to the juice and bring the mixture to a boil.
2. Simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
3. Allow the mixture to stand overnight.
5. Add the rum and brandy.
6. Store in glass bottles.
Click here for the original article, Chokecherry Delight.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE