Add a kick to almost any savory dish with this chipotle dry rub.
Balance your diet deliciously with vibrant herbs. This jazzy herb combination is fantastic on holiday turkey, other poultry and meats.
Photo by Povy Kendal Atchison
This chipotle dry rub is a jazzy herb combination that’s fantastic on holiday turkey, other poultry and meats. It’s also great on tempeh, tofu, stuffing, potatoes, vegetarian sausage patties, eggplant rounds, grilled vegetables and whole grains.
• 1 tablespoon ground sage
• 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
• 1 teaspoon ground chipotle peppers
• 1 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Stir together all ingredients and store in an airtight container up to 6 months.
2. Rub mixture on food before cooking; drizzle with canola oil, if desired.
Letitia L. Star specializes in writing about healthy eating, gardening and green living topics. She is a frequent contributor to The Herb Companion.
Click here for the main article, The Best Foods to Reduce Cholesterol.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE