This flavorful dish is especially delicious with egg noodles.
• 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
• 1/4teaspoon peppermint extract
• 1/4cup cider vinegar
• 1/4cup soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• 3 cloves garlic, pressed
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 4 chicken breast halves with skin
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
1. Combine the marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken breasts. Marinate them at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Place the chicken pieces in a broiler pan, skin side down. Broil 5 inches from the heat for 15 minutes. Turn the pieces and pour the remaining marinade over them. Broil 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until the juices run clear when you pierce the meat.
3. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan. Add the broth and ketchup to the liquid remaining in the pan. Boil the liquid, stirring occasionally, until it is reduced by one-third. Stir in the yogurt; heat but don’t boil.
—Regina Dye, Kingsport, Tennessee
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE