This company-worthy main dish is delicious served with steamed new potatoes covered in a garlic chive and parsley butter sauce.
• 2 tablespoons grated romano or parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 pound boneless chicken breast
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon white wine
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
• 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon crystals
• 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
Combine the cheese, flour, paprika, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat both sides of chicken with the flour mixture.
Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the chicken slowly on both sides. Meanwhile, mix 3/4 cup wine, tarragon, bouillon, and garlic together in a small bowl. Pour the wine mixture over the browned chicken in the skillet. Simmer, covered, over low heat for about 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. While the chicken is simmering, mix together 1 tablespoon wine, the parsley, and the cornstarch. Transfer the cooked chicken from the skillet to a serving platter. Pour the wine and cornstarch mixture into the juices in the skillet, stir until thickened, and then pour this sauce over the chicken.
--Janice Britt, Tallahassee, Florida
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE