Flavor your chicken with this wonderful herb paste.
Use chicken breasts or thighs for this simple and very French dish. The Mediterranean Herb Paste flavors the chicken beautifully. If you rub it on the chicken before leaving the house in the morning, the flavors will have plenty of time to impart their bistro flavors to the chicken.
• 4 large chicken thighs, skin removed
• ¼ cup Mediterranean Herb Paste
• 4 carrots cut into 2-inch pieces
• 16 small tri-colored potatoes, halved or 4 potatoes, quartered
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• One 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
• ¼ cup chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Arrange chicken, fleshy part up, in a shallow roasting pan or on a rimmed baking sheet. Rub Mediterranean Herb Paste evenly over chicken. Distribute carrots and potatoes in one layer evenly around the chicken. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and chicken. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. Stir in artichoke hearts and bake another 10 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are cooked. Serve, garnished with chives if desired.
Pat Crocker cooks bistro-style food with her favorite herbs every week. Her latest book, The Vegan Cook’s Bible (Robert Rose, 2009), is now available.
Click here for the original article, Budget Friendly Meals .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE