Rev up your immune system with this delicious, easy to prepare dish. Note: Maitake mushrooms can be substituted for the shiitake. MAKES 2 SERVINGS
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
• 2 1/2 cups Chinese bok choy, sliced into 1-inch segments
• 2/3 cup green onions, sliced
• 1 1/3 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, caps only, washed and sliced
• 2 tablespoons shoyu soy sauce
• Steamed rice, Belgian endive and sliced avocado
1. Heat oil in a skillet and cook garlic on medium-high for about 1 minute.
2. Add bok choy, green onions, mushrooms and soy sauce, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until the bok choy greens are wilted.
3. Serve with steamed rice, a few endive leaves and sliced avocado.
Gina Mohammed, Ph.D., is a plant physiologist living in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada.
Click here for the main article, Boost Immunity with Gourmet Mushrooms .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE