This simple herbal rice recipe with basil, thyme, parsley and chives is hearty and delicious.
Photo by chotda/ Courtesy Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/santos/63916834/
SERVES 4 to 6
This recipe was submitted by Julie Adams of Hovland, Minnesota.
• 2 cups wild rice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 4 cups chicken broth or water
• 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
• 1 tablespoon chopped basil
• 1 tablespoon chopped chives
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• 1/2 cup dried currants
• 1/2 cup chopped cashews or peanuts
1. Sauté the rice grains in the oil for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Add the broth or water.
2. Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes or until the rice is nearly tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the herbs.
3. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes longer or until the rice is fluffy and the remaining liquid has been absorbed, then fold in the currants and nuts. Serve hot.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE