Makes 1 1/2 cups
This cheese makes a great sandwich spread or cracker topper. For a dip, add a little milk or extra wine.
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon white wine
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage, or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh savory, or 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
• 1 teaspoon tamari
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
• Fresh herbs or chopped chives for garnish
1. Stir all the ingredients together vigorously until thoroughly blended. Scrape into a serving bowl and smooth the top. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
2. Garnish with fresh herbs or chopped chives.
Jennifer Stein Barker, Canyon City, Oregon
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE