Sweet and savory blend that is perfect for a steak.
Makes 1/3 cup
Delicious in cakes, cookies, and fruit dishes. Try with roast chicken or turkey, dried fruit, or on baked sweet potatoes.
• 12 whole cloves
• 24 cassia buds, or 2 tablespoons cinnamon pieces
• 24 whole allspice berries
• 2 teaspoons grains of paradise
• 1 teaspoon whole cardamom seed
• 2 slices dried ginger
• 2 tablespoons coriander seed
• 2 teaspoons ground mace, or 1 tablespoon mace blades
• 2 tablespoons chopped dried orange zest
1. Grind each ingredient separately in a spice mill or mortar.
2. Combine and mix well.
3. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. Use 2 to 4 teaspoons to a large cake or batch of cookies. Sprinkle meats lightly so that the spice flavors do not overpower.
Click here for the original artlcle, 5 Recipes with Peppers.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE