Spice up your meat with this blend that can used as a rub.
Makes 1/2 cup
The ingredients for this mixture, which was inspired by the many versions of ras el hanout, may be varied according to availability.
• 4 small pieces dried turmeric, or 1 teaspoon ground
• 1 teaspoon cumin seed
• 6 whole cloves
• 12 cassia buds, or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon grains of paradise
• 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seed
• 2 large, dried, fragrant, unsprayed rosebuds
• 1 slice dried galangal, 1-inch piece dried ginger, or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon coriander seed
• 1 tablespoon broken cinnamon bark
• 2 teaspoons mace blades, or 1 teaspoon ground mace
• 1 teaspoon black cumin seed
• 4 Szechuan peppers
• 4 cubeb peppers
• 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1. Grind each ingredient separately in a spice mill or mortar.
2. Combine and mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
3. Use to season meats, vegetables, soups, stews, pâtés, and fruit condiments. Delicious sprinkled on cubes of cheese.
Click here for the original article,5 Recipes with Peppers and Other Information.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE