Try a variety of peppers in this blend.
Makes 1 cup
This is a classic whether made with the familiar black peppercorn or with one of the many taste-alikes. Try a combination!
• 4 tablespoons Szechuan peppers, cubeb, grains of paradise, Vitex, or black peppercorns
• 4 tablespoons whole cloves
• 4 tablespoons broken cinnamon bark
• 4 tablespoons fennel seed
• 12 whole star anise
1. Grind each ingredient separately in a spice mill or mortar.
2. Combine and mix well.
3. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. Use to season Chinese dishes, cakes, cookies, and fruit desserts. You may steep, then strain out, the same combination of whole spices in soups or other hot liquids when you don’t want spice specks in the finished dish.
Click here for the original article, 6 Recipes with Pepper and Other Information.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE