Try this salsa on our Hawaiian Tuna recipe
• 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 1 tablespoon diced yellow onion
• 2 cups seeded and chopped yellow tomatoes
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground
• black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a bowl, toss 1 tablespoon olive oil with the shallots, garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Bake in a pan for 15 minutes. Puree the mixture with the stock, add the honey and herbs, and puree again. Slowly add the reserved 1/2 cup olive oil. Season to taste.
Click here for the original article, A Desert Oasis with 4 Great Spicy Recipes.
Laura Daily is determined to see her favorite culinary herbs flourish this winter on a windowsill at her mountainside home in Snowmass Village, Colorado.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE